Monday, September 22, 2008

Fancy Trading in the middle of nowhere?

Once in a while, I like to test the limit and push the boundary a little. Perhaps an occasion worth mention here (a repeat from my cheeky humor blog):

Couple of months back, I visited my friend CK in another lovely part of Thailand, Sangklaburi; 370KM & a 5hr drive north west from Bangkok. A mountainous region close to the Myanmar border & near one of Thailand's largest National Parks. It is also a place of displaced people; mainly the Mon and Karen tribes, many are without citizenship.

Some said the 'low energy' of this place has special appeal. Hmm.. I am not a strong believer of 'feng sui'. My interpretation is 'low human activities' that has appeal to me... a small population and out of way for any industrial development. Outside town, local people lives in harmony with nature and some agriculture. Few lost souls from 'farang' lands chose to settle here too!

What a lovely spot! Sat here with beer watching the storm approached.















One evening we rented a raft house.. towed to the middle of the lake for a night out. Similar to ones you see floating by the lake shore.















Guess the real motive? With my laptop and GPRS connection via a PDA phone.. I went online to do my forex right there! Wow.. it's quite incredible, middle of nowhere, I could trade as if in comfort of home... indeed a home away from home!

Spot where we anchored for the night.
















Of course I wasn't doing any serious trading, just testing out a mobile lifestyle I always dream about.

No comments: