Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Frog in our Well




















Who ever we are; however smart we think we may be, our knowledge domain is limited. Like it or not, that's the reality! In other words we are always a frog in our own well.

Where am I coming from in regard to trading?
I started forex through the same way of self learning. There are so much information out there on the internet. Anything you need to know and all you need to know about Technical Analysis. There are web sites to gather news and market analysis reports. Indeed I learn much on my own this way.

After I got through the learning curve, soon I realize I can't cross a certain performance barrier. That's when the signal "being a frog in my own well" came out again.

One obvious way is to learn from the experienced trader or better still a guru. But which guru? There are so many self-professed (or self qualified) gurus around!

Also along the way, there are tons of advertisements on the net that promise lessons to 'easy pips'; what is genuine & what is not? Even self professed market analysts & strategists entice you to subscribe to their trading signals service while they are not traders!

That's the dilemma of learning! Part of it is to filter the real and the CON-sultants. No different from bird nest farming.

No comments: