Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Full Circle


















Often in life, things come in full circle.. where am I coming from?

Back to the beginning of this blog - the Pareto Principle, remember the 20/80 rule? (or 80/20 rule whichever way you like)

One interpretation is try to achieve 80% of profits via the 20% of your trades... i.e. be highly selective and go for big kills.

Another perspective is the market don't provide such opportunities most of the times. I recall reading a comment the market moves sideways 70% and trends only 30% of the times. Doesn't matter if the statistics is accurate or not, it merely convince me to adopt the Sniper's Mentality.

May be better put this way: 80% waiting time, 20% productive trading times!

Well, I haven't done before a series of blogs so intense within a short time span. It is like a memory dump for me.. now I can take a breather.

What a sweet feeling I have an open trade right now that hits 105 pips to conclude this article.. good enough, closed it right away!

No comments: